OrganizationDelaware Theatre Company · Wilmington · DE · Northern Delaware
Job TypePart Time
CategoryVolunteer & Intern
Closing DateDecember 31, 2021
LinksLearn More Apply
Delaware Theatre Company is always on the lookout for new volunteers to usher during performances, as well as to help with various tasks in marketing, production, education, and more.
Assist our patron experience associates by ushering! Our ushers are the backbone of the Delaware Theatre Company experience, welcoming our patrons with smiles and guidance. Ushers help us with:
- Stuffing programs with inserts
- Handing out programs
- Ripping and collecting tickets
- Helping patrons find their seats
- Assisting patrons with any questions or issues that may arise
Take a step on the administrative side of the theatre! Our Marketing Department has several projects throughout the season that could us help! It’s the perfect opportunity if you have free weekdays, or if you would prefer to work on projects that allow you to sit rather than stand. Help us with:
- Fold, stuff, and seal letters and informational packets
- Distribute posters and postcards
Scenery & Props
Would you like to step behind the curtain and see a whole new side of DTC? Our production team will be offering new opportunities throughout the season that will allow you to help work on our productions, get a behind the scenes look at how we work our theatrical magic, and even meet our production and creative teams!
- Crafting: Help our props departments with projects involving sewing, distressing, upholstery, hot-glueing, mold-making, and graphic design
- Carpentry: Volunteers with carpenters skills can help our scenic and props departments build the world of our plays
- Painting: Our Scenic Painters bring the scenery to life, giving it character and texture through a variety of paint techniques. Volunteers don't need to have painting experience to help!
Join us backstage, and engage with the arts in a hands-on experience with the costume department. You'll get to participate in activities including:
- Attend presentations and/or demonstrations from costume designers
- Assist costume designers with costume builds, alterations, shopping, crafting, and more!
- Organize and maintain costume storage
- Make decisions on costumes to donate
- Organize community costume sales
- Assist in the design of costuming for education events
In the final days leading up to the opening of every production, our cast and crew work long (10-15 hour) days to put the final pieces of the show together. These technical rehearsals are an exciting but tiring time where the actors get onstage with all the other technical aspects of the show for the first time. Our artists often forego well-balanced, cooked meals in favor of quicker options.
- Tech Meal: Provide an alternate meal for our artists by bringing a dish or helping with set up and clean up.
- Tech Snacks: Fresh fruit, baked goods, trail mix, candy, chips, and pretzels!
A good number of our designers and actors come from out of town, and we’d love to provide them with a little “Welcome to Wilmington” package to give them a on the first day of rehearsal!
- Write letters or share recommendations to local spots
- Baking cookies
- Gifting a box of your favorites teas, etc!