25039 Coastal Highway
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
The Life-Saving Station has been meticulously restored to its 1905 appearance, complete with diamond-shaped trim. The station was built in 1876 for use by the United States Lifesaving Service, a government organization created to respond to the alarming number of shipwrecks along the coastlines of the United States. This building was originally located 400 feet closer to the shore, but a sand dune began to form around it almost as soon as it was finished. It was moved to its present location in 1877. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the public program hours, private tours and other programs
for schools or other organized groups can be scheduled on weekdays or weekends by appointment. Please call (302) 227-6991 for scheduling and availability