DuPont Environmental Education Center
Located on the edge of the 212-acre Russell W. Peterson Urban Wildlife Refuge, DuPont Environmental Education Center (DEEC)'s most unique and natural place where the city, river, and marsh meet. Operated by Delaware Nature Society, the site is open to the public year-round and offers educational programs and a pond loop that extends into the marsh.
Drop by for FREE programs every week.
Make us a part of your weekly plans - come by for free programs each week. No registration needed, just drop on by!
- LUNCH WITH LIVE ANIMALS: Saturdays, noon to 12:30 pm
- MEET MARSH ANIMALS: Saturdays & Sundays, 1-1:45 pm
- NETTING IN THE MARSH: Tuesdays-Sundays, 2-2:45 pm (during the months of Nov-Mar, this program runs weekends only)
- Pack a picnic lunch, and relax in the 10-acre public park.
- Stroll the flower garden path and birdwatch for eagles, ducks, turtles and other wildlife on the pond loop.
- Enjoy amazing views of the marsh and city of Wilmington when you visit the 4-story nature center - and learn with our exhibits.
- Explore nature with our discovery cart - find a new nature topic every month.
Tuesdays – Saturdays: 11 am – 5 pm
Sundays: Noon – 4 pm
Closed on Mondays and Nov 24, Dec 24 – 25, Jan 1
1400 Delmarva Ln
Wilmington, DE 19801
full map & directions
update this page
Update this organization
If you have an organization profile, please log in for quicker processing.